Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Our new life in Idaho...

Well I must say I do miss Denver and most of all Arizona! I'm excited for this new chapter in our lives to start here in Rexburg, ID. I am grateful for Abe's dedication in getting his schooling done at BYU-ID and pursuing a career in the Medical field. He will be a wonderful Physicians Assistant.

The first 2 weeks here in Rexburg were SO hard for me! Abe on the other hand loves it, so does Bristol. I think she just likes that she's not boxed up in the living room anymore. Its free roam for here in our new home! Not to mention she loves the cold weather! She gets a huge smile on her face and laughs every time I take her outside. Yup, COLD SNOWY WEATHER. Thats probably a lot of the reasons why I hate Idaho. There is absolutely nothing to do and no where to go when its 25 degrees and snowing outside. We are pretty much trapped in our house! But I cant lie, it is so fun looking out my windows seeing snow falling...it's like i'm living in a winter wonderland. I'm adjusting to my new life here...i've made a couple of girls friends over the last couple weeks, so that makes life a little more exciting. I'm looking forward to making new friendships and memories here. I know in 2 years when we are done with school, tears will pour from my eyes, I will be sad to say goodbye to this little town and the friends we made here. But for now I try to stay as positive as I can and make the best of my situation!

I'm grateful I get to stay at home with my sweet baby girl...there is no better joy than being a mommy. I'm also grateful for Abe and his hard work. He has a friend Eric Checketts from AZ that is here going to school also. Well Eric just got his General Contractors license, he also has a cleaning company and thats how Abe and Eric know each other. Eric cleaned houses for Ed Patterson (Dean Douglas Homes) where Abe used to be a superintendent in AZ. Well Eric is starting up his own business and Abe has been going out with him almost every day since we have been here trying to get the business up and running! They have had some awesome success in the last week! Eric put a bid in on a remodel and so they are busy tearing out floors today. They also want to clean and do handyman work for apartment units after the tenants lease is up. Another blessing, they got some work from an apartment complex! Apparently Jobs are hard to come by here in Idaho...Abe has applied for many other jobs but so far nothing!! So we are grateful for Erics generosity and that he and Abe are here at the same time motivating each other. Erics wife, Shannon told me that before Abe got here Eric just couldn't get the motivation to get going on this whole business thing but Abe has really motivated Eric and they have made wonderful progress these last few weeks!

I will be posting pictures soon of our latest adventures here in Rexburg! :)

No comments: